Sn96.5Ag3Cu0.5 and it's replenishment alloys are leadfree alloys suitable for use as a replacement for Sn63 alloy. The replenishment alloys are sometimes used to stabilize / reduce the copper content in the wave solder bath, this requirement will depend on process conditions. As with all Alpha Metals bar solder, Alpha's proprietary Vaculoy alloying process is used to remove certain impurities, particularly oxides.
- Yield — Best in class yield, out performs all Sn/Cu based materials
- Wetting speed — fast wetting, in back to back tests 0.65s compared to 1.00s, for Sn/Cu based materials
- Dross generation — Low dross generation delivered by Vaculoy alloy conditioning
- Excellent solderability due to fast wetting speed
- Very good drainage, has lower levels of bridging compared to Sn/Cu alloys
- Delivers excellent performance across a wide range of Flux technologies