ALPHA Vaculoy SACX Plus ™0307 is a next generation lead-free alloy suitable for use as a replacement for SnPb, SAC305 and other low silver SAC alloys including the original SACX™0307 in wave solder, lead tinning and rework processes. SACX Plus ™0307 has been engineered for improved copper dissolution performance during the long hot exposure times associated with rework and lead tinning. The SACX Plus ™0300 variant is used as a replenishment alloy in solder baths with elevated copper levels. As with all Alpha Metals bar solder, Alpha's proprietary Vaculoy™ manufacturing process is used to remove certain impurities, particularly oxides. The product is further enhanced with the addition of other materials designed to further reduce drossing, increase wetting speed and force and improve joint cosmetics. Melting point of SACX 0307 alloy: 217-228°C
- Reliability — Comparable to higher Ag alloys (ie. SAC305) in thermal fatigue resistance, lap shear and pin pull performance.
- Yield— Comparable to SAC305, superior performance for hole fill and SMT related defects compared to Ag free alloys like
- Copper Erosion— Low erosion during long rework exposure times
- Dross Generation—addition of a dross reducing agent.
- Lowers Total Cost of Ownership due to the lower material cost, high yields and low dross generation.
- Excellent mechanical reliability.
- Gives very good hole fill and drainage due to the lower surface tension attributed to Ag.
- Reduces erosion of copper plating during rework improving assembly reliability.
- Delivers good performance across a range of flux technologies.